Thursday, July 1, 2010

Richard Walter to Guest Blog

Imagine my shock when I discovered that someone was actually reading this blog. A few weeks ago, I was approached about the possibility of having UCLA Professor Richard Walter featured on It Is What It Is. Well, that was a no-brainer.

In keeping with my Armchair Film School Review, I asked Richard to discuss which films he felt were essential viewing for writers and filmmakers. In the next day or two, I will be posting his guest blog. To the loyal five readers, please check back here in a few days.

Also, I will be spending the next few weeks poring over the pages of Richard’s new book, Essentials of Screenwriting. Anyone who has followed this blog from the beginning (no, really, anyone?) knows that I truly believe in gathering an arsenal of tools when it comes to the writing process and filmmaking. I consider myself a life-long learner, and will never pass up an opportunity to learn something new (or spend some quiet time alone with a book - I LOVE books).

So, check back in a few days for Richard Walter’s guest blog, and be on the lookout for my review of his new book, Essentials of Screenwriting.

No comments: